you are logged in as
admin cp mod cp
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

A Whole New World, open
Jack Roman
 Posted: Mar 14 2016, 11:02 PM
application
shipper
alias
character age
Ty
28 years old
occupation
Detective
hometown
Boston
member group
post count
Hunter Mod
N/A

Jack had been called to New Orleans, he found it weird but well he didn't argue. He was the new Sheriff of Mystic Falls and yet he felt like he had no idea what was going on in that place. His coworkers had suggested he see how people didn't in the south, that made no sense to him since he had been a cop in Boston for years but again he wasn't going to argue, perhaps he could find someone in New Orleans that could translate that diary.

His grandfather had been pushing him to figure out what it said but refused to help him, he had no idea why but knew it was in some old dead language. As he got off the plan he checked into his hotel and sighed, He pulled out his phone and sent a text to the detective that he had landed and checked in, he decided to take a walk and let the guy know that if he wanted to meet for drinks he would be talking a walk on the streets, he knew he wouldn't be hard to spot since well he didn't really come from around here.

To be honest it was nice to be back in a city, mystic falls was getting duller and duller by the moment and at least their was action going on here. He stopped into the bar he had mentioned he would be at. He had grabbed a seat at the bar and ordered a bear, just taking in the sights, it was nice that he was able to come a day early so that he could get to know the city before he went to work for it, even if it was only fora short time, Jack was always one to make the most over it.
^
Stela Lăzărescu
 Posted: May 28 2016, 08:34 PM
application
shipper
alias
character age
Britt
20 years old
occupation
Student/Waitress
hometown
Viscri(In Romania)
member group
post count
Members
N/A

She's a little bit of heaven with a
Wild Side;
Stela had been adjusting to life in New Orleans relatively well, in her opinion. She had been paying her rent and had not gone hungry yet! That was a win in her opinion. The twenty-year old had found a job very quickly, waitressing in a local diner. Not only that but she had managed to find a low scale group of people who would meet up and dance for the fun of it every other Friday night, at a rather run down performance space that they could rent for very cheap. They would put on low scale performances, that Stela had learned only paid for the expenses for the next month, but that wasn’t the point. The point was to have fun, and while extra money wouldn’t hurt she was okay with that.

One of the fun parts about the group was Logan, the male bartender dancer. It was a bit of a joke, because he had started going in support of a girlfriend and he had stayed. He didn’t actually dance, although he was a vital part. He took care of anything technology that went wrong, or right, and made sure they always had alcohol to practice with. Stela had gotten a text from some of the others that the sound had gone out, and they had a performance soon so that wouldn’t do at all.

Since she was the only one with the day off she had gone to go and talk with Logan. Logan’s phone had broken a couple days earlier, he’d dropped it and it had gotten smashed in a bar fight. He didn’t have the money or time to get a new phone yet. So Stela had gone up to the bar to tell Logan.

She snuck up beside a guy who was nursing a beer. She smiled at him, not one to be anything but friendly, before leaning against the bar. “Scuzați-mă! Logan!”

She made a habit of avoiding speaking in Romanian, she also had worked very hard not to have an accent. Logan was an exception. He had found out she wasn’t from the US and had latched on, begging her to teach him any other language. He had the idea it would help him get girls, she told him he was looking at the wrong language. Still, she had agreed. The guy behind the bar turned his attention and a grin lit his face. “Stela, hey.” He brought a beer over, popping the top and passing it to her. “What can I do you for?”

Stela ran a hand through her hair and took the beer. “The sound system is out. We have no idea why. Fix it later?”

Logan sighed, crossing her arms. “Damn, and here I was hoping I could catch reruns of the Flash tonight. Out out?”

Stela nodded. “Out, out.”

Logan seemed to think about before grinning. “Alright, new word then.”

Stela seemed to think about it, before shrugging. “Te iubesc.”

Logan tried it, butchering it a few times before getting it right. Stela nodded. “It means I love you.” Logan flashed her a drink, repeating it under his breath, before Logan walked away to help his other customers. He turned towards Jack. “You need another beer, man?”

words: happened
outfit: here
tag: open
notes: notes hurr

--------------------

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination

^
Jack Roman
 Posted: May 30 2016, 12:12 PM
application
shipper
alias
character age
Ty
28 years old
occupation
Detective
hometown
Boston
member group
post count
Hunter Mod
N/A

Jack couldn't help but notice that a girl had walked in and spoken Romanian, he wasn't great at it but he had learned a bit when he was younger, his grandfather insisted that he know it, as it was part of their heritage and important to him. Jack didn't really understand the point but did his best to learn what he could from the man, he had just lost his grandfather and something about hearing her perked his interest.

He turned to her and then thought better of it. He didn't know anyone here and he wasn't a really out going person. He finished his beer and decided he didn't need to push his way into someone else's conversation. Especially as a detective he knew not to get involved in things that he didn't have to, that could lead to many worse things in the long run. He put the bottle down and a few bills "păstrează restul" he said as he got up.

This would be the test, if they cared he knew Romanian then he would try and get information if not well then he would move on and figure out why he had been stood up. He wondered if they had sent him here for a different reason then they had lead on, but right now he had to figure out where he was supposed to be, he tried not to get his hopes up but well he couldn't help it he was hoping they would stop him.
^
Stela Lăzărescu
 Posted: Jun 1 2016, 08:36 AM
application
shipper
alias
character age
Britt
20 years old
occupation
Student/Waitress
hometown
Viscri(In Romania)
member group
post count
Members
N/A

Wild Side;
Stela’s attention was drawn away when she heard someone else speak Romanian. It peaked her interest, especially considering it wasn’t a language that most people knew. While it was a little rusty, it wasn’t the poor level that her friend was speaking which indicated that he had more familiarity with the language. Stela rocked on her feet for a moment, taking a long sip of her beer before bouncing back from the bar. “Catch you later, yeah? I want to explore this.”

Stela waved at her friend before disappearing out of the bar, her eyes taking a moment to adjust to the blaring sunlight. Once her eyes adjusted she tried to find the man she’d just gotten a glance of at the bar. She wasn’t sure she would actually be able to find him, but she had to try at least. Luck was with her as she caught the face she’d seen, not far actually. IT seemed almost as if he was hesitating and waiting, without wanting to seem as if he was. “Hey!”

Stela took a few strides to catch up to him, offering a wide smile. “That was Romanian! Does that mean your from Romania or just know a few words?”

--------------------

You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination

^
Jack Roman
 Posted: Jun 1 2016, 12:58 PM
application
shipper
alias
character age
Ty
28 years old
occupation
Detective
hometown
Boston
member group
post count
Hunter Mod
N/A

As Jack walked back to his rental car he looked back, he heard someone calling out, the girl who was at the bar was calling to him... what did she want, he thought to himself as he walked to meet her half way, as he heard her he chuckled a bit "

My family was from there, my grandfather, I know a bit here and there" he said down playing it and deciding she didn't need to know much more then that. He was from a big city where people didn't really talk to one another if they didn't know each other so this was an odd encounter for him but he decided to play along. "You must be from there?" he asked knowing that her grasp on it seemed much higher then his, though he didn't know what it mattered really, he again tried not to be rude.
^
Stela Lăzărescu
 Posted: Jun 10 2016, 07:34 PM
application
shipper
alias
character age
Britt
20 years old
occupation
Student/Waitress
hometown
Viscri(In Romania)
member group
post count
Members
N/A

Wild Side;
“Ah, yes that makes much more sense.” Stela offered a smile and a shrug. “You must understand, it is not often someone knows the language or speaks it so freely.”

She tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear with a soft smile, rolling on her heels a bit. She had hoped, perhaps, it would be someone from there. A chance to make her feel more home than she did. Not that she did not enjoy it here, it was just that she missed certain things. “I moved here as a teenager. Perhaps I got a little more homesick now that I am away from family than I had thought. It would have been nice to know someone who could speak it, or perhaps even read and write it. Ah! I apologize I did not introduce myself. I’m Stela. And talking much more than usual, forgive me.”

She flashed a wide smile and gave a soft wave. She didn’t embarrass or get offended easily, thankfully, it was hard with as many siblings as she had. Someone was constantly doing something, but it also meant at times her interactions with normal people were a bit off. “but you seem like a busy man. I should, it seems, let you carry on with your day.”

--------------------

^
Jack Roman
 Posted: Jun 15 2016, 04:35 PM
application
shipper
alias
character age
Ty
28 years old
occupation
Detective
hometown
Boston
member group
post count
Hunter Mod
N/A

Jack couldn’t help but find comfort in someone so friendly. He was starting to think that he was sent to this city for something else other then police training. As she spoke to him an idea sparked in his mind. He wasn’t sure if it was polite and well decided to keep up the niceties for a bit longer. “Stela” he repeated

“Nice to meet you, I’m Jack. I was supposed to meet someone but it looks like i’ve been stood up” he said with a smile, then she seemed ready to leave, he almost let her go but couldn’t he needed answers and she could be the one to give it to him. “Wait, i’m sorry… I don’t mean to be rude, but my Romanian isn’t amazing, and i have a journal from my grandfather and I can’t seem to make sense of it.” to be honest Jack was sure he was just reading it wrong, but he hoped she would be willing to help. “If you could just take a look, it would mean the world to me, i know we just met, but what are the odds that you would speak Romanian” he said with a smile. He decided not to tell her that he was a cop, he knew that many people did not take kindly to his profession.
^
Stela Lăzărescu
 Posted: Jun 29 2016, 09:09 PM
application
shipper
alias
character age
Britt
20 years old
occupation
Student/Waitress
hometown
Viscri(In Romania)
member group
post count
Members
N/A

Wild Side;
Stela paused when she heard him say wait. She turned her attentions back to Jack, as he had introduced himself. It was a simple enough name, she was sure she could remember it. She listened to him patiently as he said he wasn’t trying to be rude, but his Romanian was bad and he had a journal from his grandfather. She smiled brightly at him.

“No rudeness. I mean, where do you find people with a unique skill set such as reading Romanian, yes?” She winked at him with a bit of a laugh to the end of her words. “And sometimes, I noticed, things do not translate well if you do not know the language, so that may partly be the problem if things are confusing. You have no idea how long it took me to figure out some of the phrases people say here.”

She shook her head, a smile touching her lips at the memory. She turned her attentions back to the older man in front of her. “I can give you my number if you would like? And we can set a time? Unless you had it now.”

--------------------

^
Jack Roman
 Posted: Jun 29 2016, 11:33 PM
application
shipper
alias
character age
Ty
28 years old
occupation
Detective
hometown
Boston
member group
post count
Hunter Mod
N/A

Jack was glad she agreed to help him, he didn't really know anyone in this town and well he was doing his best with what he had. "Actually, i do have it with me, my grandfather told me to keep it with me at all times and i trusted him, i'm guessing something important must be in there" he said hoping to god he could trust this stranger, though he didn't really have a lot of options.

"I have a hotel room...I don't mean to be creepy , i just, a private place me not be a bad thing" he said with a smile, he was not sure if this was going well, he didn't want to make it weird. "If it makes you feel better i'm a cop" he said showing her his badge, he hoped that would make it less weird, "I'm new to this town, forgive me" he said with a smile.
^
Stela Lăzărescu
 Posted: Jul 1 2016, 12:33 PM
application
shipper
alias
character age
Britt
20 years old
occupation
Student/Waitress
hometown
Viscri(In Romania)
member group
post count
Members
N/A

Wild Side;
Stela rose a brow at Jack as he said he had it on him and he had a hotel room they could go for her to look it over. It amused her by the fact that he continued to ramble on about how he was a police officer and then went on to show her his badge. It didn’t exactly make it less weird, as she didn’t really care about occupation and as of lately she had seen all the news reports about the police doing things to people. Of course she knew there were too sides to each thing, but still.

“You know, that still sounds just a weird.” Stela pointed out, crossing her arms. It didn’t change the fact he was a stranger, and while she was friendly she wasn’t stupid. “How about we break and do a library, which will be practically deserted because nobody knows what a book is anymore?”

--------------------

^
Jack Roman
 Posted: Jul 1 2016, 12:58 PM
application
shipper
alias
character age
Ty
28 years old
occupation
Detective
hometown
Boston
member group
post count
Hunter Mod
N/A

Jack didn't blame her, he was excited to find out what it was and because of that he was not thinking clearly. "Your right, I'm sorry... thats a better idea" he said with a smile, He rubbed the back of his head thinking it was a shame that no one used books anymore but well he didn't really grow up using them all that much. Jack sighed

"i promise i will be less weird " he said with a chuckle "i really do appreciate your help" he said, he had no idea what was in that book but he was dying to know, his grandfather had insisted that it was important and needed to be learned.
^
Stela Lăzărescu
 Posted: Jul 4 2016, 08:49 PM
application
shipper
alias
character age
Britt
20 years old
occupation
Student/Waitress
hometown
Viscri(In Romania)
member group
post count
Members
N/A

Wild Side;
She was set a little at ease by the fact he was willing to go to the library instead of his hotel. Stela pulled her phone out, not having actually been to the library in this place. She let out a blink when she noticed there was more than one library, and instead zoomed in on the closest one. “There’s one not too far from here, walking sound good?”

She wasn’t sure if he would want to drive, or if he had a car, or what. She just kind of started walking in the right direction after she said it though. It wasn’t really that far, and she didn’t see in a point in trying to park. Parking could be a pain in the butt, anyways. Besides, about three blocks one way and two the other? Not worth it. “So close with your grandfather then I take it?”

--------------------

^
Jack Roman
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 01:09 PM
application
shipper
alias
character age
Ty
28 years old
occupation
Detective
hometown
Boston
member group
post count
Hunter Mod
N/A

Jack was very willing to do what ever needed to be done to get answers it felt like someone had pushed him hear for this reason he thought he was hear on some police training something but well that didn't seem to be real at all. It was like someone was guiding him to the right person to help him find answers. She started to walk and he followed, he didn't really know much about her and he was glad that she started a conversation.

"My grandfather was always eccentric, insisted i know the language , the history and our family, I'm the only one he gave this two and I can't understand why. He had over Grandsons and Granddaughters." He said as he tried to make sense of it in his head but well it wasn't really coming through. "I'm hoping that you'll be able to make sense of it, he talked about how my father was his first born and how it skipped a generation... what ever "it" was" he said as he followed her "How about you, what brings you to this city?" he asked wondering why she would be in that dive bar.
^
Stela Lăzărescu
 Posted: Jul 13 2016, 06:24 PM
application
shipper
alias
character age
Britt
20 years old
occupation
Student/Waitress
hometown
Viscri(In Romania)
member group
post count
Members
N/A

Wild Side;
Stela listened to him talk about his grandfather and the confusion around the diary. First born speak held a lot more power than he probably realized, but she didn’t get into it as he spoke before finally asking her why she was there. They had just reached the library when he did so, and she offered him a smile as she walked in. “College, dance, that sort of thing.”

She glanced around, finding a spot in the back that was more secluded. Not that there were many people in here, it was just that she didn’t want anyone to accidently stumble upon them. One of the whole five people might, and he seemed rather secretive about this all so she was trying to respect that. As they walked, she clarified. “I took some time off because my family couldn’t afford to send me to college, and then reapplied recently. I got accepted to a school here with a full scholarship for dance. It wasn’t my first choice, I did make much better schools, but Julliard doesn’t offer full scholarships and there are too many of us for me to be that selfish.”

Stela took a seat in one of the chairs in the table near the back. No one was around them, and so she took the diary from him and began to read. The handwriting was perhaps the hardest part for her to decipher, but what she was reading… she glanced up at him sharply. “What was it about this that confused you, exactly? Or what parts did you get?”

She suddenly had an uneasy feeling that perhaps he knew more than he was letting on. The words Vincent had warned her about the war going on in the area resounded in her head and she was worried for a moment that she had stumbled into something much more dangerous.

--------------------

^
Jack Roman
 Posted: Jul 19 2016, 10:52 AM
application
shipper
alias
character age
Ty
28 years old
occupation
Detective
hometown
Boston
member group
post count
Hunter Mod
N/A

Jack followed her and listened to her speak "Well congrats, at least your headed back to school" he said with a smile as they found a spot and he sat down. Jack was a bit worried as her had shot up to him and she asked what was unclear. "I didn't get much... something about some kind of hunt... or hunted person... I'm not sure i only got parts of it and from what i read it was something about a vampire... i think?" he said trying to remember what words he was able to pull out. "I figured that section was just some kind of fable or story from there since the whole Dracula story is from that country" he said looking at her with confusion Jack wondered if she found something different.

"my grandfather used to tell me these vampire stories when I was younger, I figured it was just another work of his imagination, that part i'm guessing is not the important part" he said with a smile. "as he got older he rambled a lot about that kind of stuff, he wasn't really all there" Jack said knowing his grandfather's death was not easy. "Sometimes his fairy tales got a little extreme" he said with a smile thinking about how his father had to constantly put a stop to his grandfather's stories. "My father used to be furious that my grandfather was telling me stories like that, " he said with a chuckle remembering that.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (2) 1 2 

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.